- Create event-specific designs to stand out at trade shows.
- Develop time-sensitive offerings.
- Utilize electronic name capture.
- Create eye-catching, custom signs and banners!
There’s a lot riding on your shoulders this trade show season. Your company needs to generate new leads, convert new customers, and schedule demos. But, all you’re thinking about is how much time your team spent standing around last year.
Don’t be afraid to test some new ideas to increase your trade show leads. We even have a legendary story about a company attempting to incorporate wildlife — specifically falcons — into their booth space to attract attendees.
Our tale begins with the company’s leadership wanting to introduce their new product line in a memorable way. Ideas were discussed, then re-discussed. After a long journey, the idea of using live falcons was settled upon. And management loved it! … But, this meant a host of unanticipated regulatory and logistical challenges. So, they had to re-consider a doable, yet memorable approach. The solution is legendary.
If you’re interested, you can read the entire falcon story here. But for now, let’s get back to increasing your trade show leads!
Increase Trade Show Leads with Time-Sensitive Offerings
Quiz: What’s the fastest way to indicate to prospective customers that your team doesn’t care to be there? The obvious answer is your team looking down at their phone scrolling through social media.
The real answer is not having a campaign-specific offer, contest, or theme. Don’t look like the company that rolls out the same tired trade show booth material for every event! Look like you care.
- Have a time-sensitive expo special to convey urgency and encourage immediate action. This creates a gateway for follow-up calls and emails to extend the conversation.
- Have a special contest or giveaway with a tangible offering related to the trade show. Check eligibility rules and clear the contest with the tradeshow beforehand.
- Create unique, professional name tags for each of your staffers. Include the logo or name of the tradeshow to indicate you mean business right here, right now.
Increase Trade Show Leads with Electronic Name Capture
Hopefully the trade show organizers will be extremely thoughtful by including a barcode on each attendee’s name tag. This way, you can electronically scan the bar-code, collect data, and easily follow up with each prospect.
Of course, you need an electronic reader to electronically capture each booth attendee’s information. It is worth every penny to rent an electronic reader.
However, in the event the tradeshow does not offer electronic capture, then plan ahead. Make sure your team is equipped with tablets, laptops, or other mobile devices to quickly — and accurately — capture information. Paper recordings run the risk of getting lost, or worse, forgotten!
Increase Trade Show Leads with the 3 C’s of Quality Signage
Now we’ve arrived at the best part of increasing trade show leads: signs and banners that will make your booth “pop” and attract the right crowd.
- CUSTOM Signs and Banners: Don’t be like the other exhibitors rolling out their same, tired signage. Create custom signage specifically geared toward a particular event and a particular audience.
- CREATIVE Signs and Banners: Put some thought into your signage! Involve your team in the process of planning your campaign, messaging, images, and other standout elements that can be produced on a sign or banner.
- CLEAR Signs and Banners: Above all else, make sure your signs are clear and readable. Maintain the integrity of your logo and company colors, make sure there is sufficient contrast between words and background colors, and use your available real estate effectively because every square foot counts.
Create Those Custom Signs and Banners with eSigns.com
Are you ready to increase trade show leads? Get started putting your ideas to work on the eSigns.com website. Our customer service team will even work with you to make sure your order is accurate and you receive incredible new custom signs and banners that you can proudly display at the next tradeshow.
The best part is you don’t need to make that call to the zoo to book Frankie the Falcon to help create interest. Just great, custom-designed signs supported by a smart plan.