- Generate the best type of “wow” at the trade show.
- Do have a smart plan for creating the right message.
- Don’t cancel out your message with visual mistakes.
“Wow” can mean so many different things in different situations. “Wow” can represent a sense of amazement and wonder at something awesome. “Wow” can also take on a completely different meaning of wondering what were they thinking?
If you’ve spent any time at a trade show before, you’ve probably experienced both types of “wows.” Some trade show booths are amazing, compelling, and worthy of recognition. Other trade show booths make you wonder what that company was thinking when they planned their booth.
We’re here to help you capture the best type of “wow” from your target audience. We want you to draw them into your booth space by following the do’s and don’ts of trade show booth promotion.
4 Do’s of Trade Show Booth Promotion
Your end goal is to have the best collection of signs and banners in your hands to take to the trade show. How you get there requires a smart plan.
1. Identify your target audience. What message do you want to send? What product or service do you want to promote to this audience? What’s your offer to attract your audience? Think through your strategy before creating signage designs.
2. Create the message you want to send. Once you identify how you want to talk to your audience, plan out the content of your message. ProTip: make the copy short and impactful. You only have a few seconds to draw in your audience!
3. Enhance the message with visuals. Do you have digital asset files such as logos, product images, and backgrounds? Gather together all of your brand assets in one place.
4. Create Amazing Designs! Use your smart plan to turn the targeting, copy, and visuals into amazing designs that can be applied to the eye catching signs and colorful banners you have us print.
3 Don’ts of Trade Show Booth Promotion
We want to make sure you don’t make these common mistakes in trade show promotion.
1. Don’t push multiple campaigns. We know that you probably have a few campaigns that could reach your target audience, but we recommend keeping it real simple by taking one campaign and putting full effort into that campaign. Remember, you have a limited amount of time to engage your audience. Don’t overwhelm them!
2. Don’t mix visuals. Mixed visuals could represent fonts that are not aligned with your brand, overwhelming graphics that cancel out the message, or vice versa with overwhelming text that clashes with the graphics.
3. Don’t waste your budget on the wrong signage. Remember to check the booth layout and space assigned to you. Make sure the dimensions of your new signage will fit the allotted space and not exceed the space restrictions.
Start Planning Your Trade Show Booth Today!
When it comes to trade shows, you do need to plan ahead and put your best foot forward and you don’t have to worry about that when you order your sign from eSigns!
Contact our sales team today to get started on your next trade show display. We are confident that you’ll generate the best type of “wow” that will produce positive results!