- Inform your customers that you are in business.
- Interrupt your customers with a message about your business.
- Welcome your customers to your physical location.
- Reinforce the message about your new business.
Congratulations, you decided to open a new business! Now, how are you going to go about getting more customers in the door?
In a word: signage.
Most Americans will visit a local retail store or service business because of Printed Signage! You want new customers? Show them you’re worth it with signs!
You may be thinking that sounds just dandy, but where does one start? Not to worry! We happen to know a lot about new business signage.
Here are five major points of contact between your business and customers that are the perfect opportunity for a sales-driving sign — and we’ve conveniently bundled them all up into our new business signage pack which you can access here!
Five Pieces of the New Business Signage Package
There are five key sales touch points to consider that will help you map out what types of signs you will need and where.
1. Visible “New Business” Banners
Announce your presence! Let your audience know that you have arrived, you are in their neighborhood, and you are ready for business. There are a few ways to play this:
- One option is to build momentum with a “Coming Soon” sign that notes the date you will officially be open.
- Another option is waiting until you are actually officially open for business and displaying a “Now Open” sign.
- You may also consider both a “Coming Soon” sign and then switching to a “Now Open” sign when you officially open (this is the best way to maximize the visibility of your new brand).
However you decide to play it, a vinyl banner is an ideal medium for announcing that your business is both “Coming Soon” and “Now Open.” They can be formatted for any color, brand, and size that you require and your message will come through crisp and clear.
2. Yard Signs to Attract Passerby’s
Yard signs are a strategic tool to attract regular foot traffic to your new business.
Consider a potential customer walking down the sidewalk or driving down the street. How are you going to “interrupt” consumers on their route to bring them to your physical location?
A yard sign placed along their route with a specific message about your business, products/services, or a grand opening offer is a smart way to bring people in.
You may have to clear the placement of yard signs with your property manager or local authority, but it’s an important step toward attracting new customers right from the get-go.
3. A-Frame Signs to Welcome New Customers
A-Frame signs are the ideal type of sign to place directly outside of your new business location. There are many different options for A-Frame signs that fit the unique personality of your business:
- Use a professional-looking A-Frame sign to announce your primary product or service.
- You may want to get creative with a humorous message that shows the personality of your new business.
- If parking or the entrance is complicated at your location, use an A-Frame sign to tell customers where to park or enter.
- Consider an A-Frame sign to announce a grand opening sale or discount.
There are many different ways to use an A-Frame sign to communicate with potential customers. Consider what you want to say, how you want to say it, and what action you want your customers to take.
4. Window Clings Just Before Your Customer Enters
Another important piece of the new business puzzle is strategically using window clings to send a final message to your audience before they enter your building.
Consider the journey your customer has taken. They saw your new business signage, they saw your yard sign with an attractive message interrupting their day, they were welcomed to your storefront or location, and now they need one final push to actually get through the door.
This is where window clings play an important role in sending the final message. As your customers move from glancing down at the message on the A-Frame sign to looking up to your actual physical space, you want to remind them of why they should walk through the door.
Use window clings on the door or glass windows of your physical space to:
- Convey the value of your new business to your customer.
- Provide details for your grand opening sale.
- Reinforce your company’s tagline or branding.
The goal is to assure your customers that your business is the place to be! And, that they need what you have to offer.
5. Indoor Signage to Engage New Customers
Now that you have brought new customers into your location, you want to make sure they are equally impressed with the actual customer experience.
You can get creative with multiple indoor sign options to introduce customers to your full selection of products or services, dazzle your audience with an important message, or highlight a special program or incentive package to encourage repeat business.
Consider these sign options:
- Poster frame signs to be placed in your waiting area, lobby, or point of sale location.
- Tabletop mini banner stands to continue welcoming customers or reinforcing a message.
- Wall decals to place a few specific messages on your walls — or even wrap your entire wall space with a central message or theme.
Get Your Business Signage Pack
We understand that not every company is alike. Each business serves a unique audience, in a unique location, with unique products or services.
But, all businesses have one thing in common — they need customers! Take the first step in getting more customers in the door by ordering custom signage that they cannot resist.
You are facing hundreds of decisions starting a new business so don’t stress about this one. If something is not right with your order, we offer the Goof Proof Guarantee to replace any incorrect signage at no extra cost to you.
Contact eSigns today to get started on new business signage to help get your company off the ground!