Designing Custom Retractable Banners
Retractable banners are one of the most versatile and practical displays available. They attract attention even in small, confined spaces, install in seconds, and are just as quick to pack away. Retractable banners are an effective signage solution whether you’re at a retail store, doing a pop-up event, or even in a tradeshow or convention.
The key factor in amplifying your message is great design. This spells the difference between a potential customer seeing your sign versus actually engaging with it. We’ve prepared eight tips to help you out in designing your own custom retractable banners. Read on below!
8 Tips for Designing Retractable Banners
- Focus on your brand. Make sure that your banner design clearly communicates your brand messaging. Leave nothing for misinterpretation. Put your logo in a prominent place. Design the banner in such a way that it is unmistakably yours.
- Use themes for consistent colors and styles. To make your campaign cohesive, use themes, colors, fonts, and images that are on-brand. Using themes and styles consistently will increase brand recall as your customers get exposed to your marketing efforts more and more.
- Use top-to-bottom, left-to-right for the content. Reading top to bottom and left to right is one of the first things taught to us as children. Incorporating information in your banner content should be no different. Arranging content this way allows for an easier and more natural manner of digesting information.
- Make use of white (blank) spaces. Resist the temptation of cramming your banner design with too much information. By crowding the design, your message can get lost in translation. You can make use of negative space because it draws attention to your logo and central message.
- Use engaging and high-quality images. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to use low-quality, pixelated images. Aside from not looking attractive, it reflects poorly on your brand. Ensure that your illustrations and images are sharp and high resolution.
- Consider different retractable banner types and sizes. In advertising, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. You need to customize marketing materials to tailor to a specific need. What works for one situation doesn’t necessarily mean it will be the same with another.
- Try more than one design. Variety is the spice of life. You can create multiple designs to appeal to multiple sensibilities. Using different artwork, as long as it’s still cohesive and on-brand, can help widen the reach of your campaign. Each new design can cater to a specific demographic, such as mothers, children, or grandparents.
- Add a call-to-action in the design. After your customers see your banner design, now what? Give them a slight nudge in the right direction by providing a call-to-action. A simple ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Preorder Today’ in your advertising can convert sales.
Bonus Tips to Improve Your Marketing Campaign
- Pair it with other signs and displays. Adding variety to your marketing materials ensures that your message casts a wide net. This increases the chances of customers seeing your signs. Your brand exposure is amplified when you use different channels – vinyl banners, yard signs, window decals, and so on.
- Measure success and evaluate effectiveness. Once you’ve designed and printed an attractive banner display, you also have to continuously evaluate if it’s hitting the right notes. Observe the leads you are generating and converting. Whether you struck out or hit gold, consistently evaluating your marketing efforts will provide you with valuable information that you can use on your next campaign.
- Use eSigns Design Tool for easy retractable banners. Our easy-to-use online design tool removes the fuss and difficulty from creating your own custom banners. The design tool lets you create your own custom sign using the help of free templates. You can use it to add images, logos, shapes, colors, and text. If you prefer creating your own design from scratch, you can do so as well.
Don't see what you're looking for?
Other Banner Stand Products