If you run or manage a small business, you know the importance of maintaining a healthy profit margin to keep the business up and running. Every decision must be careful, strategic, and deliberate as you weigh the short-term and long-term implications.
Here’s an easy decision for your business today that you can check off your list. Make sure you have custom-designed signs and banners that are specific to your company, products or services, and audience.
There is great opportunity to make an investment right now in signage that will yield tremendous results for years to come. It’s a matter of knowing how to create the right signs and banners to make effective use of your budget to market your business.
Banner Displays Key #1: Design With a Goal in Mind
First, identify your opportunity for business growth. Consider bringing in your team to gather input or feedback on how to better promote your business. Then, answer these key questions:
- Are you trying to build brand awareness?
- Are you trying to cross-sell or upsell specific products or services?
- Are you trying to communicate a special event or promotion?
- Do you need to reach a specific goal (more sales, more sign-ups, more phone calls?)
Use your business goal to drive the design of signs and banners. Then, remember these other keys when designing your signage.
Banner Displays Key #2: Clear Explanation of Products or Services
When creating new banner displays, you want to be very clear about what products or services you offer. This means minimal, but effective copy that immediately conveys your service offering.
A customer should be able to clearly see the products or services listed on the banners, make an immediate connection to your company, and take a desired action — tying back to your business goal.
Banner Displays Key #3: Speak the Language of Your Audience
You know your small business inside and out. You can rattle off your products and services in a heartbeat. But, your audience is not as informed. Therefore, you need to speak their language when communicating through banners.
When crafting the copy to be displayed on signs and banners, think simple. Don’t water down or insult your audience, but find the balance of keeping the message simple and uncomplicated.
Reserve the more detailed conversation about your specific offerings when you’re actually talking to the customer face-to-face or over the phone. Keep the signs and banners more high-level to initially connect with your audience.
What Signs and Banners Will Provide the Most Return on Investment?
Now you’re ready to create signage that communicates the message about your products or services and connects to your target audience and supports your business objective.
- Your Company: Vinyl Banners are effective to clearly communicate a central message about your company or brand. These banners can be used indoor, outdoor, or both. There are a variety of custom sizes, finishes, and uses, as well.
- Your Products or Services: Banner Stands and Display Stands can be used effectively to communicate your offering, with several options to leverage your physical location. You may also consider Non-Curl Window Banners or Window Clings if you have a physical storefront.
- Your Audience: Consider using A-Frame Signs to communicate a very specific message to your target audience. Remember to speak their language to increase engagement!
Ready to Get Started?
By now, you or your team should have a good idea of what you want to promote and how the signage should look to connect with your target audience. So, how do you start? It’s simple! We have a few options to help you bring your ideas to life.
- Consider utilizing our free design templates to get started.
- You can also view other customer examples to get design inspiration.
- We also have a few helpful design tips for creating your new signs.
Or, if you have a design pro on your team who makes design, then utilize or handy upload tool to quickly upload the design file and expedite the ordering process.
No matter where you stand turning your idea into a new sign or banner, we’re here to help! You can always contact our very capable customer service team to walk through the ordering process. And, if your order does not come out right, we offer the Goof Proof Guarantee to replace your order!
We look forward to helping you realize a positive ROI on your banner display investment. We believe that the effective and smart use of new signage will help you realize business growth for years to come!